There can be absolutely no doubt in the fact that printers from Epson are the most quality-based printers that can be found throughout the market nowadays. However, this does not mean that Epson printers are perfect. Even these printers come with certain drawbacks that can make it very difficult for the users to carry out their daily printing jobs. There are high chances for the users of Epson printers to be the victims of the error code 0x97 especially for the ones who have been using these printers for a very long span of time.
Error 0x97 can occur almost anytime and that too without any signs or warnings. The error appears on the user’s printer indicating to turn off the printer and switch it on all over again. Generally, this error shows up while the printing procedure is going on with the printer stopping to print afterward. This means that the users will not be able to use their printers as long as this particular error code keeps showing.
Possible Reasons that caused the Error 0x97
Epson printer error code 0x97 shows up due to some kind of internal hardware problem. There are several Epson printer models that come with the possibilities of having this internal hardware problem with their motherboards failing out of nowhere. There is nothing much that the users can do if they are facing a hardware problem. Obviously, there are certain workarounds that can be tried out but a permanent solution would be getting a repair or a replacement.
There are some methods detailed below that can help Epson printer users in troubleshooting and solving error code 0x97.
Solution 1: Unplugging and Plugging-In
Prior to using this solution, it is important for the users to have some technical know-how about the procedure of opening and using an Epson printer. For the ones who are not adept at this, it is wise to go through the manual received along with the printer as the solutions can differ from one printer model to another. The steps that you need to follow are:
- Open the casing of your Epson printer and inspect for debris and jammed papers. If you get hold of anything, try removing it.
- Unplug all cables and USBs
- Remove all the printing cartridges
- Make sure that the printer is fully disconnected. You can do this by pressing the power button of the printer. This will help in discharging any residual connection to the printer.
- Next reconnect the power cable and the USBs
- Try turning on the printer
- Look for the error code
Solution 2: An Alternative to Unplugging and Plugging-In
This solution works in the form of a variation to the solution provided above. This means that if solution 1 has not worked for you then you have the option of trying out this solution for confirming whether the error code was caused due to the failure or internal hardware or due to some other reason. The steps are as follows:
- Turn off the printer and unplug all the cables
- Wait for just five minutes
- Now try pressing and holding the power knob for around 60 seconds.
- Once you are done with this procedure, plug in all the cables while the power knob is still pressed.
- Try holding the power key for another 60 seconds post plugging in all the cables
- Now release the power key
- Check whether the error is still showing on your printer.
Solution 3: Disconnecting and Reconnecting the Printer, Removing Jammed Paper
The steps that you need to follow are:
- Cancelling all printing jobs
- Unplugging USB cables along with other cables that have been plugged in the printer. Here, it is important for you to ensure that the printer has been disconnected from the computer as well.
- Carefully open the cover of the printer and try removing jammed paper.
- Try removing and reinserting cartridges
- Now press the power knob of the printer for discharging any kind of residue left within the printer.
- Once you are done with this procedure, you can plug in all the cables back and connect your printer to your PC. Now reload paper and print a document in order to check whether the problem has been fixed or not.
Also Read: Best Laptop Screen in Dubai
Solution 4: The Wet Tissue Method
Majority of the times it happens that waste ink that is found around the head sprayer is the cause of the error code 0x97. Carefully cleaning this waste ink by making use of wet tissue can solve the issue. Here, it is important to note that even this procedure requires some technical know-how and it might not be suitable for every individual. The steps that need to be followed for performing the cleanup process are:
- Try turning off the printer
- Now open the casing of the printer
- Get hold of a tissue and use warm water for wetting it
- Try moving the head right at the center
- Place the tissue on the head cleaning mechanic pad
- Try moving the head to the parking area
- Now wait for some time
- Your next step will be removing the tissue and closing everything.
- Now turn on your printer to check whether the problem still exists. This method should be tried three times.
Trying out the solutions provided above will surely help in doing away with error code 0x97.